How do I apply for a secondary assessment?

Published 25/01/2017 09:50 AM   |    Updated 15/08/2018 10:46 AM

Before applying for secondary assessment you should ensure that:

  • you are available for an exam in both the secondary assessment period and the next main exam round (SP2 or SP5).  Dates are available on the academic calendar. An additional exam may be held in either of those periods
  • your circumstances are either unexpected or extraordinary
  • you have documentation that evidences your circumstances.

If you are applying for secondary assessment because you were unwell you should ensure that your medical certificate includes:

  • a signed statement from a registered medical practitioner, health practitioner or approved health specialist*
  • the specific period of time in which the medical condition impacted your ability to attend or participate in university activities
  • the practitioners stamp
  • the date the medical certificate was issued
  • where the period of certified time is prior to the date of the certificate the practioner must also include a statement to show that they recognise this.

*Refer to the General Definitions at the end of the Assessment Policies and Procedures Manual for the full definition of medical certificate and who can issue a medical certificate.

Once you have checked all your documentation please make a good quality colour electronic copy as you will need to submit this with your application.  For more information on submitting documentation electronically please check here.

When you are sure that you want to apply for secondary assessment you can go to the Student Forms page and complete the form Application for Secondary Assessment.


Is this answer helpful?