What is considered as being a full-time study load?

Published 25/01/2017 09:50 AM   |    Updated 02/04/2018 12:35 AM

Each course has a unit load assigned to it, usually 4.5 units or 9 units, however some courses may have more. If you enrol in 13.5 units (generally 3 x 4.5 unit courses) or more in one Study Period you are considered for University purposes a full-time student for that Study Period. However, full-time students will typically complete 36 units in a calendar year (18 units per Study Period) but you should follow your program advice for the recommended full-time enrolment load.

If you enrol in less than 13.5 units, you are considered a part-time student for University purposes.

International Students on a student visa should note that for visa purposes, full-time is usually considered 18 units per Study Period.

The majority of students can only enrol in 18 units per study period. Program Director permission is required to overload a Study Period with more than 18 units (outside normal program advice). Please complete the Override Enrolment form located under student forms or via 'Enrolment Help' in myEnrolment, in this case.

For further information about your study load please contact Campus Central.

Is this answer helpful?