I wish to take some time off from study (leave). What do I need to do?

Published 21/04/2017 08:55 AM   |    Updated 31/01/2018 12:31 AM

Current domestic students

If you are enrolled in a program of the University of South Australia, and have attempted all the assessment components of at least one course, you may apply for leave of absence from your program for up to 12 months.

While assessing applications for a leave of absence, Campus Central will contact you if they know of any possible adverse consequences. Campus Central will advise in you, in writing, if your leave is approved.

Please note: Extensions to a subsequent period of leave must be approved by your Program Director.

If you are on leave, you will still continue to have access to University services such as email and the Library, as appropriate, and will be subject to the University's policies, statutes and by-laws governing that access.

Current international students

You are not permitted to suspend your studies except on the grounds of illness (supported by a doctor's certificate) or exceptional compassionate circumstances, beyond your control, such as bereavement.
You may be granted a Leave of Absence from program on medical, or extenuating circumstances, for a maximum of six months.


To apply complete the Leave of Absence or Withdrawal form

For further information see policy A-48 Enrolment sections 5 & 6

Is this answer helpful?