What masters programs are eligible for income support?

Published 25/01/2017 09:50 AM   |    Updated 02/04/2018 12:35 AM

In 2008, Youth Allowance and Austudy assistance was extended to eligible students undertaking masters by coursework study in approved courses.

Please refer to the link provided for a list of Federal Government approved UniSA postgraduate programs for student income support payments:


This means that eligible students undertaking these programs may claim:

  • Youth Allowance
  • Austudy
  • Pensioner Education Supplement

Students eligible for Youth Allowance and Austudy may also be eligible for rent assistance.

For information about eligibility, Masters by coursework students should contact Centrelink.

Is this answer helpful?